WizYo Blog ! WizYo Sytes Net Tech Support
What a great place to share :) Here you will find flashes of brilliance caught for all the world to enjoy. .. Actually, these are brief articles describing how I fixed a problem. Every day, I find information online that helps me solve a mystery. So this is me giving back to the community. Thanks for stopping by.. and don't forget to tell your friends!

Firefox memory tweak/hack

After noticing Firefox was using up about 130+ meg of my RAM, I figured there was some sweet little extension to correct this behavior. Unfortunately, I discovered it appears to be a bug, but fortunately for me, I ran across this article which provided the instructions below. Upon minimizing Firefox, all but about 8 to 18 MB ram is returned to the system. Granted, it's only a workaround, but it is one that I'm happy to use and to share.
  1. Open Firefox and go to the Address Bar. Type in about:config and then press Enter.
  2. Right Click in the page and select New -> Boolean.
  3. In the box that pops up enter config.trim_on_minimize. Press Enter.
  4. Now select True and then press Enter.
  5. Restart Firefox.

 

 

( )

Sunday, July 16, 2006


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back to top.

Home
WizYo
Sytes Net

Links
~hot~ Links


this site !

GuestBook
Guests

Free Hit Counter

Blog!

Tell a friend about Tech Support available here !

Free Phone with iTunes
- Previous -
 
- IBM CD issue
 
- Is Adobe really to blame?
 
- Disable Standby annoyance
 
- How did they miss this until now?
 
- Close application gracefully
 
- Free AutoCad Viewer
 
- Recover Outlook Express email!
 
- Trouble with Maxtor OneTouch bundled software
 
- Tell MSN to forget dial-up configuration
 
- Gaining perspective
 
- Search -
 

 


it's private

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?