WizYo Blog ! WizYo Sytes Net Tech Support
What a great place to share :) Here you will find flashes of brilliance caught for all the world to enjoy. .. Actually, these are brief articles describing how I fixed a problem. Every day, I find information online that helps me solve a mystery. So this is me giving back to the community. Thanks for stopping by.. and don't forget to tell your friends!

State of the Webmaster - Fall 2007

This started out as an email response. After rambling on for several minutes, I realized this is not quite a response to a friend, but instead turns out to be me letting off a little steam .. enjoy

Let's just say this is a bad week for a positive response :)

I'm still breathing, so I guess it's not too bad yet ~!

All in all everything is just about the same for me. I work as fast and hard as I can, but never seem to catch up.

This week's catastrophe is flavored with a touch of "bad UPS battery" and topped off with "nearly total loss of your data" served up on a well aged IBM server with a side of "pointless USB backup via Acronis 8.0" .. and of course, your beverage of choice ~! :-D

Tip from the tip-meister .. Dawn in a spray bottle ! Take an ordinary spray bottle and fill with water. Add about a teaspoon squirt of Dawn dish soap and screw on the sprayer top. Shake for 5 seconds and use on everything. Engine parts, cabinets .. air conditioner coils! .. hands .. anything greasy or just dirty .. etc .. Take in the car with a roll of paper towels for quick and easy cleanup.

BartPE is good, CleanUp and Windows Updates are bad .. VPN can be done with software instead of router hardware. Ubuntu Linux is highly recommended.

P4 processors are too slow for QuickBooks.

I should probably find a therapist to talk to.. but he'd probably ignore me too! haha

 

 

( )

Thursday, October 18, 2007


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back to top.

Home
WizYo
Sytes Net

Links
~hot~ Links


this site !

GuestBook
Guests

Free Hit Counter

Blog!

Tell a friend about Tech Support available here !

Free Phone with iTunes
- Previous -
 
- Surge Protection 101
 
- MatchMaker Workstation Installation
 
- Unfortunate Realization
 
- Wanted: QoS and VPN firewall router
 
- Display session fails to connect
 
- CA400 Print Screen on Kyocera Mita
 
- Misc links ...
 
- Fax Confirmation (aka: Fax Call Report )
 
- Great add-on for Windows Mobile
 
- 3gp Ubuntu
 
- Search -
 

 


it's private

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?