WizYo Blog ! WizYo Sytes Net Tech Support
What a great place to share :) Here you will find flashes of brilliance caught for all the world to enjoy. .. Actually, these are brief articles describing how I fixed a problem. Every day, I find information online that helps me solve a mystery. So this is me giving back to the community. Thanks for stopping by.. and don't forget to tell your friends!

Easy virus scan using USB to IDE adapter

I got happy on EBay one night and ordered an IDE to USB adapter. Lately I have been using it for scanning hard drives for viruses. It does a great job, but is very slow. This is ideal for locations without adequate internet access. I simply pull the hard drive in question, hook it up to the adapter and plug it up to my laptop. Kick off AVG to scan the drive and replace it when done. No files are locked during scan so everything should clean up nicely with one pass.

Also, no software had to be loaded on the customer PC and I didn't have to wait on any updates to download. (but it scans slow .. so have something else to do while you wait .. or take a couple back-to-back lunches)

Saturday, September 25, 2004


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back to top.

Home
WizYo
Sytes Net

Links
~hot~ Links


this site !

GuestBook
Guests

Free Hit Counter

Blog!

Tell a friend about Tech Support available here !

Free Phone with iTunes
- Previous -
 
- Login/Logon to Win2K immediate logoff
 
- Upgrade Windows 98 to Windows 2000
 
- Migrate Windows NT 4.0 Domain to Active Directory ...
 
- Dell GX240 nvram reset
 
- Windows Server 2003 w3wp.exe high CPU utilization
 
- Norton ate my DHCP !!
 
- Windows 2000 Stop Error with HP PSC950xi attached ...
 
- MatchMaker unlock (use with caution)
 
- Enabling TCP/IP Forwarding in Windows 2000
 
- Install Recovery Console as a bootable option on W...
 
- Search -
 

 


it's private

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?